guys tell me what fictional character I resemble in terms of physical appearance and personality (they can be different)
george zimmerman molested a cousin, moved to another state to get away from being prosecuted, abused an ex fiancee, and killed a child. keep defending him tho. keep fighting the good fight.
19-year old Renisha McBride was involved in an auto-mobile accident early last Saturday, according to her family. Her cell phone had died and she was knocking on neighbors’ doors seeking help.
In response, one of the homeowners shot her in the head with a shotgun.
The police haven’t released many details. The family claims she was shot in the back of the head as she was trying to leave the front porch. There is no information as to whether an altercation occurred. The homeowner has been interviewed, but the police have not released the details of the interview. It does not appear that McBride was armed, or that she has any criminal record to speak of. There is no evidence of wrongdoing. Police have made an arrest warrant request, but the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office wants more time to review the facts before pressing charges.
While further details will certainly emerge, McBride’s death looks suspiciously like yet another example of a scared person presuming that a Black stranger seeking their attention intends to harm them. It is practically a law of physics at this point that people are more likely to use deadly force against a Black person than a person of any other race under the same circumstances. The presumption of Black criminality remains a powerful cultural force that invades the subconscious of every man, woman and child. The fact that this continues to happen time after time, all across America, is proof of the same.
This phenomenon is one of the reasons why Obama’s speech on race back in July was such a watershed moment. Many Black Americans feel alienated from the country’s social fabric. Images of “Real America” are almost always Caucasian. Black people continue to be haunted by stereotypes and racism, both explicit and implicit. A White person who falls on hard times and goes on welfare, or fails professionally, does not need to worry about their actions confirming a racial stereotype that speaks poorly of every White person in existence.
Black failures, however, are viewed as endemic. They confirm the existence of a “culture of poverty” in Black America—one which many Black Americans are desperately trying to escape from, but are unable to because their fathers are being thrown in jail, their mothers aren’t allowed to protect themselves from harm, and their children are being gunned down in the streets.
I’m not anxious to throw the homeowner in jail. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the homeowner was genuinely afraid for his life. And that’s the problem: if Renisha McBride had been White, the homeowner very well may have not pulled the trigger, since the average American treats Black and White strangers very differently. It is that subconscious fear of Black bodies that is causing these tragedies to occur with regrettably predictable frequency.
We need to find a way to get to a place where fear of Black bodies is no longer reasonable. We need to get to a place where people with guns aren’t more likely to shoot a Black person than a White person because they’re naturally more afraid of a Black stranger. Throwing more people in jail isn’t going to stop it. We need to raise awareness about the issue so people aren’t afraid to actively interrogate their own biases. How exactly we do that is a more difficult question. But the death of Black Americans won’t stop until we find a way to make it happen.
Happy women’s day, yo
What’s misandry, again?
- Women perform 66% of the world’s work, but receive only 11% of the world’s income, and own only 1% of the world’s land.
- Women make up 66% of the world’s illiterate adults.
- Women head 83% of single-parent families. The number of families nurtured by women alone doubled from 1970 to 1995 (from 5.6 million to 12.2 million).
- Women account for 55% of all college students, but even when women have equal years of education it does not translate into economic opportunities or political power.
- There are six million more women than men in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world’s children who receive less than four years of education are girls. Girls represent nearly 60% of the children not in school.
- Parents in countries such as China and India sometimes use sex determination tests to find out if their fetus is a girl. Of 8,000 fetuses aborted at a Bombay clinic, 7,999 were female.
- Wars today affect civilians most, since they are civil wars, guerrilla actions and ethnic disputes over territory or government. 3 out of 4 fatalities of war are women and children.
- Rape is consciously used as a tool of genocide and weapon of war. Tens of thousands of women and girls have been subjected to rape and other sexual violence since the crisis erupted in Darfur in 2003. There is no evidence of anyone being convicted in Darfur for these atrocities.
- About 75% of the refugees and internally displaced in the world are women who have lost their families and their homes.
- Gender-based violence kills one in three women across the world and is the biggest cause of injury and death to women worldwide, causing more deaths and disability among women aged 15 to 44 than cancer, malaria, traffic accident, and war.
George Zimmerman was arrested today for “felony aggravated assault with a weapon, misdemeanor battery-domestic violence and criminal mischief.”
Let me be REALLY clear here: I am white, and I am a woman. I am not, in any way, shape, or form, saying that domestic violence isn’t a massive fucking problem. I am not saying that Samantha Scheibe wasn’t absolutely right to fear for her life, call the police, and press charges. I am 100% on Samantha Scheibe’s side—but the point I am making is not about her.
This is a man who, as I’m sure you can all *recite* by now, saw a black teenage boy named Trayvon Martin walking down the street, at which point Zimmerman followed Martin in his car, called the police, stopped his car and got out, taking his loaded gun with him, to follow Martin, and shot him to death. Martin was walking home from the store with Skittles and an iced tea.
Shot him to death. Police couldn’t give a shit. They let him go. You all know the rest of the disgusting, racist story.
The guy points a gun at a white woman? He’s arrested, booked, and held without bail.
C’mon, FOX News, hold another fundraiser for the guy’s legal expenses!
I DARE YOU.
rape culture is portraying sexually active 12 year olds on talk shows as sluts instead of wondering who the fuck is having sex with 12 year olds